[at-l] Thoughts on freezing supplies?

At 03:22 PM 3/18/01 -0500, Leslie Booher wrote:
>So how do you vacuum seal?  Do you have some kind of gadget at home to do
>this? ...clip...

My wife has a Foodsaver Compact brand vacuum sealer that she saw advertised
on TVhad to miss, it's one of the 1/2 hour infomercials). She calls it her
'suck up machine'. She likes to blend her own coffee. That involves buying
3-4 LARGE tins at once and stirring the contents up together in a huge
bowl. Trouble is I hate coffee and the kids are both on their own so she
needs a way to keep it fresh. For good measure she throws the bags in the
freezer until her small container on the counter needs filling again.

Yes, it did dawn on me that it would be great to seal up camping food but I
haven't played with it yet. If I'm nice to her, she might let me.

Saunterer