[at-l] BBQ details

> depending on preference.  Vinegar is fine.  Never sweet/sugary.  Look at
> most of the "barbeque sauces" in the grocery and what is their primary
> ingredient?  Corn syrup!  Disgusting!

This is because most people don't know the diference between a marinade and
a glaze. The stuff you find in stores is really a glaze. Real barbeque uses
a marinade, often augmented or replaced by a dry-rub. In my experience the
glaze is great as a condiment after the meat has been properly cooked.

Personally I favor the rarely found mustard/vinegar based marinades. The
best I ever had was at Piggy Park in Petersburg VA.

vic (life-long cook and proud father of a chef)