[at-l] loners

In a message dated 3/9/2001 1:59:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hudsom@us.ibm.com writes:

> Ever try to get a bunch of
> hikers to shut up???

In reality,  this is the primary reason I got off the trail last year and
went westward to the PCT.  I always imagined hiking on the AT from Georgia to
Maine with me on the trail in quiet places.  Sometimes, to me, the AT was
like rush hour traffic and the shelters were like college dorms.  If I ever
do it again, it will be in a direction contrary to the hordes of others
hiking.  Being a slow hiker, sometimes I had to move aside for 20 plus people
to pass me during the day!

My favorite day on the trail was in a snow storm in the Smoky's when everyone
got off, and I spent the day hiking by my lonesome.  It was wonderful!

              Cheryl

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---