[at-l] Gossemer on ebay...Gimmee's fav!

While I can understand people who are taller than 5'2" not being too particularly pleased with said tent, i was happy with mine.  I carried mine on my entire thru-hike, and was able to fit not only myself and my gear at times, but also my hiking partner and his stuff as well.  Of course, when you're used to packing 12 stinky hikers into a shelter that sleeps five, you can fit just about anything into a gossamer.

IMO, for the weight and durablility at its price, I think it's a great tent.   As far as comfort and space, it doesn't offer much to anyone who is taller than 5'4", or who likes to sit up and read before going to bed.  For me, a 5'2" person who reads and writes on her stomach, I had no need for so much space.

belcher, lover of (and in) the gossamer

  The Lovely and Talented POG wrote:

So I have to put in my .02 . I HATED my "Despised Gossamer". Those words are always said in tandem. I finally unloaded it, ummm, generously gave it to a friend, so I didn't have to look at it any more. I am not sure I have forgiven Datto yet for forcing me to purchase it by posting a great sale at Campmor. It had, IMHO, all the disadvantages of a bivy with none of the advantages. It was too short to sit up in, but you still needed poles and stakes.

Gettng off the Despised Gossamer soapbox and back to work.

POG
As long as you have a tent, you are never homeless.