[at-l] Hike Prep

At 08:19 PM 2/15/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Look at the clerk with big wide open eyes, and whisper in a loud
>conspiratorial voice "I know you heard about the Y2K disaster. I'm
>ready for the _NEXT_ one!"

Heeeheee.....not trail related but.....
We have a ton of cats and I'm frugal, so when cat food goes on sale I buy
hundred of cans..clean out their shelf!  Hit the checkout and for the umpteenth
time get asked "How many cats do you HAVE?"  Number one..it's none of their
business.  Number two, why wouldn't anyone buy as much as they could safely
store of a regularly used item on sale?
I got tired of politely replying that we have five cats and I can't pass up a sale
so, with a beleaguered look on my face I said "Cats?  Cats?  How am I gonna afford
cats when I have eight kids to feed?"  Unforntunately, my M I L was with and she
was not amused.......