Re(2): Challenger...... Re: [at-l] Space shuttle Atlantis

At 10:46 AM 2/9/01 -0500, Sharon Sharpe wrote:
>I was working in a bank and we had a promotion, open an account for x
>amount and you get a free color TV.  So the TV happened to be on and there
>went the shuttle, climbing, climbing and then boom.  Everyone just froze
>and nobody really moved for about a minute.  I remember most the camera on
>Christa McAuliff's parents... just looking up...   And the mission
>announcer who just kept announcing the time since liftoff... like nothing
>had happened.   What a strange and horrible day.

And they played the tape over and over and over . . . Even now they play it
every on every anniversary and whatever excuse they can. The feeling in the
gut is just as bad now as when it happened. I'm not in favor of forgetting
but *please* remind me with words. It hurts too much to see those tapes
again and again.

Saunterer