[at-l] Supporting Hikers

kahley7 wrote:
> Another tip that speeds things up is to decorate the box with a logo or some identifying mark.
> Especially down south, the boxes are stacked head high and the top, with the label with
> the hiker's name isn't visible to the PO employees until they unstack and check each box.
> If the hiker can say that the box will have a  BIG BLUE B or a picture of a cat on the SIDES,
> it makes finding the box MUCH easier for the PO folks who really do have their hands full
> during season.

Second this.  I got my boxes @ the Staples store.  They were flatish
white boxes.  Mom wrapped vibrant RED duct tape around the sides of the
boxes and wrote my name + trailname on the long sides & trail name on
the short sides.  I swear I got my boxes exponentially faster than
others @ hostels / outfitters & PO's.  I'd describe the white box, red
tape & cheerio and they'd always say - OH, yea, I know exactly where
that one is...

Cheerio
( trying to catch up on many days worth of email before leaving on a
BACKCPACKING trip tm!!! )