Challenger...... Re: [at-l] Space shuttle Atlantis

In a message dated 2/8/2001 6:47:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vhoyt@mediaone.net writes:

> > ### I saw the Challenger launch on TV in 1986 (January, was it?). I was a
> > proof operator (the financial version of a dishwasher) at a crooked little
> > bank in Bloomington, Indiana, and was uncharacteristically home for lunch.
>
> Strange to bring up that terrible memory. I had just walked into a diner on
> First Ave. in NewYork City. I glanced up at the TV on the wall just as the
> booster exploded. It took about thirty seconds for the conversation in the

That does bring back haunting memories.  I was standing in the ED waiting
room about to call a patient's name and saw it on the waiting room TV. I
stumbled back into the ED and could barely get the words out to tell my
co-workers.  It's probably the first time I remember the country ever being
in mourning as a whole country since I was a babe in arms during the early
60's.

It wasn't just that generation of kids that had their innocence torn away,
but many from the generation before it.

POG

If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---