[at-l] Yo, Nor'easters...

In a message dated 2/6/01 9:43:45 AM Eastern Standard Time, sloetoe@yahoo.com
writes:

> --- Trailmixup@aol.com wrote:
> > 18 inches of snow in Poughkeepsie, NY.  Covered the hospital information
> > desk for the night shift who couldn't get in; covered the 5:30 AM shift
> > for those who couldn't get in.
>
> ### Geez, you'd think a hospital would do more to house its workers; this

This is not a new phenomena. I can remember an ice storm in the early 80's
where I walked (slid) to work at 10pm because no one else could get to work
and then stayed three days because the power lines were down all over New
Haven.  Also remember as a nursing student being asked to stay extra hours
because people couldn't get in.

Most hospitals do have some mechanism of housing their staff once they get
there and have to stay for an extended period. The issue comes when their
staff can't get there and people have to cover.

Ahhh, the good old days.

POG

If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---