[at-l] Yo, Nor'easters...

I was on Siler Bald on Sunday and it was beautiful.  The high was around 43
and it was sunny.  I met a thru-hiker that was on a practice run for his
departure from Springer on March 11.  I have a pretty good 360-degree
panorama that I'll post as a QTVR tonight.

Unfortunately, I was up there looking for snow.  My Scouts are headed up
there in two weeks and we were hoping for a snow campout.  Since there's no
snow (and probably won't be in 2 weeks), I'm looking for alternate hikes.
The hike from Winding Stair Gap to Siler is too short (4 miles).  Perhaps
hiking from old 64 to Siler might be better or maybe a hike to Standing
Indian...  any suggestions?  We would be leaving Roswell on Saturday AM and
do most of our hiking on Saturday and then hike 2-3 miles on Sunday.

Charles