[at-l] Wingfoot's book

I>>> told him that a few years back when he was still on this list (mostly
lurking to see what was being said about him). He was planning another AT
'thru' for the next season at the time (never happened). I suggested that
maybe he should try another long trail and use a new (and anonymous)
trailname to get a fresh perspective. I think it would have been good for
him but he wasn't receptive to the idea.

He's probably STILL lurking!  I agree that he needs a long, anonymous hike.
He's become so uptight and rigid.  I love the guy to death and he's never
been anything but pleasant to me when I've spoken to him, but he could use a
hike, or at least some kind of vacation.  I remember talking to him before
Christmas and he said he hadn't been to see his parents in YEARS because he's
busy with the website. That's really a shame.