[at-l] BUY Photon

You can always go to Photon's website (sorry, don't have it here), but
it is cheaper to call REI and get thru them.

The BacpackingLite list had a few websites a month ago that reviewed
all the camping lights. Some of these are HUGE with more LED options
than you can shake a Leki at. There is a great variety with headlights
and other options. Photons are now somewhat expensive and not
necessarily the brightest and lightest. If you get a Photon II, be
prepared to pack a small Philips head screw driver, or sharpen a knife
blade (I use a Leatherman Micra) with a Dremmel tool to fit the small
screw. These are not terribly waterproof. I've seen them glow steadily
due to sweat and humidity getting into the casing. A blue or white
Photon would run its' batteries down quickly.

I don't know how to tell you to get to BPL's archives, as Yahoo bought
out Egroups.com and just changed all the access methods. I think we
will all have YAHOO mail addresses before the end of the year. (How's
that for a stock tip of the week.)

Bill...