[at-l] THIS LIST..was political activism and all the other crap

I third this motion. I have always been a long time lurker. Actually I
lurked my way over here from the ATML because you guys moved to this list. I
love the banter of trail talk and the interesting places everyone  else has
hiked to. I'm not much of a writer but I like to post human interest stories
from other sources that seem to say much better what I'm thinking. Sloetoe
seemed to enjoy them! Thank you for that!

I have always seemed reluctant to voice my opinion on such matters as hiking
and gear and clothing due to the fact that you all taught me everything I
know from the start.  I just don't wear or use my stuff nearly as much as
you guys. What I did do was pay close attention to what thruhikers eat! So
in the last 2 years  I found my niche and gathered data on the subject. I
attended the RUCK last year to meet listers and Earl Shaffer and to timidly
offer another choice to good eating in the outdoors. Is it my imagination or
did I step on a few toes? My motives were and are passionate about the
outdoors and good nutritional food to go along with the good gear  and
clothing necessary to make a good hike possible. I received alot of feedback
from attending the Trail Fest and Trail Days events last year (we had a
booth set up). That helped me in knowing I was on the right track with my
meals. We did not attend the RUCK this year because our orders are coming in
and we are still doing new and improved things before the spring season
starts. Starting a  business is alot of blood sweat and tears.

I want to feel a part of this list more. I wish I hiked and had more trip
reports to write. But all I've been doing is formulating great meals  and
working behind the scenes trying to make it work. I feel everyone needs
choices and one more doesn't hurt.

When I do take that hike, you all will be the first to know! But for now,
I'm working on rolling out our product in 11 states next month. Wish me
luck.

BG