[at-l] Gale Norton, political activism, and this list......

I'm a few days behind in my AT-L mail and am only now getting to the
"dialogue" you've been having on the list re Gale Norton.

I agree with Baltimore Jack 100 percent; but, more important, I want to
applaud him for bringing this up on the list and for challenging us to
participate more actively in the political process.  And he is absolutely
right.  This IS an appropriate forum for this discussion.

And I don't know what's happened...but in recent days/weeks, this list seems
to have gotten increasingly intolerant of divergent views.  I thought THIS
was the list where we could talk freely; that THIS was the list that wasn't
censored, monitored, or controlled; that THIS was the list where we could
approximate a "free market of ideas" (like that economic reference,
Sloetoe?).  I hope we can return to the days where we can each post our views
without fear of hostile, ad hominem, or intolerant responses.

Off my soapbox...

Walkabout AT99