[at-l] Gale Norton, political activism, and this list......

> was the list where we could talk freely; that THIS was the list that
wasn't
> censored, monitored, or controlled; that THIS was the list where we could
> approximate a "free market of ideas" (like that economic reference,
> Sloetoe?).  I hope we can return to the days where we can each post our
> without fear of hostile, ad hominem, or intolerant responses.

Oh THIS list is STILL like that ... no censoring, monitoring or controlling
going on here at all ...
Lots of divergent views, not to mention contradictory and conflicting
opinions ...
Lots of energy, smaschmellows too ...
You can write whatever you want and if some one likes it they'll say so and
if they don't like it they'll say that, too ...
Which is why I like this list ...