[at-l] Big Bend Texas

At 12:28 AM 1/25/2001, James P. Lynch wrote:
>Anyone on the list ever backpacked in Big Bend National Park?
>--

Haven't backpacked it, but years ago I Mountain Biked the River Road
through the park.  Was a great trip. Don't miss the Hot Spring at the
Eastern end of the park. It flows directly into the Rio Grande and has
retaining walls to confine it before it mixes with the river water. My
understanding is that at one time there was a rather large resort built
around the spring. Nothing but the retaining walls in the river left now.

Have fun.

Lyle