[at-l] Big Bend Texas

http://www.nps.gov/bibe/
I was there this summer & I strongly suggest you don't go then.  With the
exception of the first day it was 100+ with no cloud cover or rain.
Because of the intense heat I took many short day hikes.  The drive into
the park from Marathon is breathtaking.  I must have stopped a dozen times
just to take photos and enjoy the scenery.  They have many self-guiding
trails throughout the park.  Heck you can hike in the Chisos Mountains in
the morning, by the Rio Grande River in the afternoon & then the Chihuahuan
Desert in the evening.  At the visitor center they sell maps & guides.
Have a great time & take plenty of film.
John O

At 12:28 AM 1/25/01 -0500, James P. Lynch wrote:
>Anyone on the list ever backpacked in Big Bend National Park?

        "Adventure is worthwhile"
             Amelia Earhart

http://www.monmouth.com/~johno/index.html