[at-l] Listmaster, Help!---

At 10:42 PM 1/18/01 -0500, Leslie Booher wrote:
>Why am I getting responses before the initial post?

This is a good question, but unfortunately, the answer is somewhat
complicated.  Part of it is a Twilight Zone effect, the fact that emails
travel faster in warmer sections of the country.  Fiber-optic cables get
cold same as you and me, you see.  And in some parts of the country, they
get real cold, depending on if they're buried and how deep.  When they get
cold, the fiber-optic cables shiver.  It's a minute shiver, but
nonetheless, it sets up a magnetic resonance that acts as a choke, or a
bottleneck, for electronic traffic.  Fortunately, the internet has
something called smart routers which can detect these slow pathways and
bypass them, to limited degrees.  And best of all, these routers are
usually kept indoors, where they won't get cold and shiver.  Now... what
was the question...

The Wizard!  A Querulous Icon of Insidiousness