[at-l] GA RUCK - the Turkey

The last time I looked at the roster for the GA RUCK, it appeared that
something like twenty or so would be present for the grand turkey fry on
Saturday (not counting OB's boxers which I assume are dogs) and, last time I
looked, only Clyde raised his hand to bring a turkey with him.

Since the physical limits of the turkey fryer itself compels us to fry a
turkey no larger than 16lbs (I once did one 17.25 lbs but it was a really
tight fit), my computations indicate that there are likely to be some hungry
campers. Can somebody skilled run the numbers and determine how many
Rucksters we should reasonably assume per pound of turkey?

OB's response to my offer indicated he wanted his turkey done with Cajun
seasoning - a not unreasonable request.  I have the injector and will bring
it with me.  However, for first time fried turkey tasters, I recommend the
plain vanilla variety - injected only with butter and rubbed with salt and
pepper.  Since it only takes me 3.5 minutes per pound once I have the oil
bubbling along at the right temperature, I can pump out one turkey per
hour - again assuming that we have more than one turkey (of the winged
variety) present.

If you'd like your turkey flavored with something other than butter such as
Italian dressing for example - please bring it with you.  Remember, it has
to be in a liquid state and can't have solids like bits of parsley suspended
in the mixture which clog up the injector.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Al (Draggin' Anchor)