[at-l] Rabies

At 02:03 PM 1/17/01 -0500, W F Thorneloe wrote:
>A lot less screwed than if you get rabies. I am sure that the animal
>control folks are trying to get the cat and test it for rabies.

This is getting weird..................city mouse versus country mouse, I
guess.
The animal control officer called and told me if I see the cat, not to shot
it in the head.
He said he'd send the head to be tested if I didn't damage it.  Said if
I_did_see the cat though, it's probably
not dead (huh???)    That if I were infected two weeks ago the cat would be
dead by now.  So that means
the cat doesn't have rabies and I can go ahead and shot it in the head if I
want to.
Out here, animal control is a ..22long