[at-l] HTML, etc.

--------------4156CCAA885D1027D25EAF0A

I subscribe to this list in digest format and read it as plain text w/
Netscape on a PC of some sort. *Within* the digest, at the start of all
HTML posts is this message:

"This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible."

Now, I gotta believe that this message is generated somewhere else and
included as part of the digest version, not inserted by my machine. Is
this true?  I can't believe my machine is smart enough to insert the
message 5 to 20 times per digest in just the right spot. (Followed by a
plain text message which itself is followed by the same message in
uninterpreted HTML gibberish.)

/soapbox on

Chainsaw said:

> As we know there are folk on this list using all types of devices, what
> "texture to emails" could be more important than clear easy communication
> for all out members w/o subjecting them to a painful transition.

Absolutely. Not everyone reads e-mail w/ a client capable of
interpreting HTML. Some by choice, some by necessity.  Common courtesy
and accepted netiquette says send plain text only.

/soapbox off

ObAT:

I plan on being in the Philadelphia area w/in the next 6 months for
business/pleasure. Any suggestions for a 3-5 day ramble on or near the
AT??

scott t.
--------------4156CCAA885D1027D25EAF0A

begin:vcard
n:Thompson;Scott
tel;fax:415.382.1856
tel;work:415.382.5987
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Environmental Resolutions, Inc.
version:2.1
email;internet:sthompson@eri-us.com
title:Project Manager
adr;quoted-printable:;;73 Digital Drive=0D=0ASuite 100;Novato;CA;94949;
fn:Scott Thompson
end:vcard

--------------4156CCAA885D1027D25EAF0A--