[at-l] ADVICE SECTION 1

--- SPIDER115@aol.com wrote:
> I am backpacking section 1 this summer with my wife and two  daughters
> (ages 15, 12).  Any and all advice as to equipment and training would be
> greatly appreciated.

Advice offer #1.
Break requests for advice into small chunks, providing a personal context
to each, so that the answer-posts are manageable to those of us silly
enough to think we've got something to offer.
Maybe:

So, I want to hike the Maine AT this summer. How do I get my 15 year old
daughter to believe there's no need for Prince Match-ah-belly products
while hiking? Or is there such a need?
AND WELCOME, SPIDER!