[at-l] New Found Freedom on the AT!

--=====_97854967418467=_

You won't be the first to hike the trail after the break up of a marriage=
 ... or the last ...
I was ready to hike the trail last year when the divorce I didn't want=
 started and I fell into this depression which took some time to heal. As a=
 result of all that I asked for leave without pay and the firm I was=
 working for wouldn't give it to me so I took it anyway, losing the job in=
 the process. I was already to chuck everything cause I couldn't find a new=
 job -- and hike the trail ... I'd set a deadline to the job hunt for the=
 week-end on which I was to pick up Orangebug from his Smokies Hike. I was=
 going to hand him the keys and start walking. I told the kids what would=
 happen if my job search failed. The Tuesday before that weekend I found a=
 job I liked and it pays the rent. I chose to manage my responsibilities=
 with my kids instead of taking to the trail cause I have two awesome=
 teenage girls in whose well being I'm more interested in than the trail=
 ... but I cannot say I would have regreted hiking had things worked out=
 that way. I would have regreted, though, any extended time away from my=
 kids, so I asked them if they'd join me if it came to that. Neither wanted=
 to hike the whole trail, but they said they'd join me for large portions=
 of it during the summer and on vacations.