[at-l] tuba-man and his chops...

--- Mara Factor <m_factor@hotmail.com> wrote:
> There's a lot more than
> just lips to playing the instrument - diaphragm, ear, fingers, and
> subtle techniques that just the mouthpiece would not work to maintain.
### A little detail: there's three buttons to work, providing six
different combinations of venting from which to produce notes -- but the
instrument produces many more than six notes. (Anybody know? My guess is
at least two full octaves. Three?) The rest of comes from (1) the
diaphragm pushing (2) *through* the lips against (3) the resistance of
horn.

The guy's now going for a DMA. He needs his chops. Must we continue to
bust his chops?

(I think I'm glad to have not been around to be part of this thread. I met
tubaman, and found him a tough competitor on the ultimate frisbie field.)
Sloetoe

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10