[at-l] Year End Survey

> 1) What were some highlights and lowlights of your
> hiking in 1999 (2000)?

> highlights
August 19, the day I magically met up with Nimblewill
Nomad, Swamp Eagle (my own personal trail angel!), and
Belcher, and ended up at the Whistle Stop with the
three of them, plus Swamp Eagle's wife, that
afternoon. It was the coolest day--went from being one
of my worst to clearly one of my best.

> lowlights
Getting hypothermia and starting to go into shock at
Wise Shelter. That sucked.

> 2) What are your hiking goals for 2000 (2001)?

My big goal is to save money for my next big hike,
which should occur (hopefully) in 2002. So, as far as
hiking goes, I'll probably be doing mostly weekend
hikes in the southeast this year.

> 3) What are some highlights and lowlights of the
> at-l
> from 1999 (2000)?
> highlights

All the good wishes I got from listers before I left
for my thru-hike, and the encouraging letters,
postcards, and FOOD I got from listers when I was on
the trail. Seeing a lot of y'all at the Gathering was
a highlight, too!

> lowlights
Missing 6 months' worth of Felix's AT-L posts

> 4) What would you wish to the list be for 2000
> (2001)?

No idea. I'm just happy to be back!

Nina
"Waterfall"