Re: [at-l] new years hiking in the smokies.

> How about just south of the Smokies?
>
> Doug

I sure hope things are better on the AT than they have
been lately! Much of the trail from Fontana to
Springer was covered with ice and snow this month. My
last day (Gooch Gap Shelter to Springer, then 5 miles
down USFS 42), I was in 1-3 feet of snowdrift and it
was COLD (high for the day was 20 degrees)!! Y'all
have fun in the COLD ... I'll be climbing Driskill
Mountain once again (the highest pt. in Louisiana, at
535 feet) this year--hopefully it won't be too chilly
at that high elevation!

Y'all be careful out there, wherever you end up
hiking. I'll be jealous to know y'all are on the AT,
but I sure don't miss being cold! :)

Nina "Waterfall"
ME-GA 2000