[at-l] Re: esbitt stove

You never know where what u have learned on the A-T will be used. This past
weekend we went sailing on Biscayne Bay in our new Catalina 27 (1980) . THe
alcohol stove is kind of a pain to use, but I had brought my trusty esbitt
stove, and some hexamine tablets. I lit it and put my big tea pot on top of
it, wedging it between the two burners on the alcohol stove. My friend chided
me, that something that puny surely couldn't heat much up! Was he suprised.
WE had nice warm soup, and hot hot coffee. Kind of reminded me of the AT
except for that we were anchored with water all around us! Jim

To:            Douglas Greenfield <mtn0613@mindspring.com>, DaRedhead@aol.com, at-l@backcountry.net