[at-l] Gear List

Sierra Designs Clip 3 CD  - 5 lb 8 oz - 3 person tent
>- gives us more room, since we are both tall we don't
>fit in any 2 person tents comfortably

**Check out Stephenson tents as they are considerable lighter and far
superior.  Plus they cost a good deal.  But what the hey it's only your
money;) <http://www.warmlite.com/>

MSR Dragonfly Stove - 1 lb 1.1 oz

**Have you given thought to one of the many homemade denatured alcohol
stoves and save 14ozs?
<http://wings.interfree.it/>

Matches

**I would suggest waterproof ones

PUR Hiker Water Filter - 14.4 oz

**Safewater anywhere inline filter is 4ozs that'll save you 10ozs
<http://www.safewateranywhere.com/>

>Nalgene Water Bottle

**Soda bottle will be much cheaper and save you 4-5 ozs

>Elf Camera & 1 extra film

**I always needed more film than 1 extra roll

Leatherman micra

**I always went over my gear each time in town and never found the need for
one.

Dr. Bronners Liquid Soap

**I would leave this at home.  You'll get used to the aroma soon enough.

>Toothpaste & Small toothbrush
>Medicated Powder (In zip-lock) - for feet, etc

**I used a large ziplock & put my foot in to powder it.

Thru-hiker Handbook

**Just carry small sections and save several ozs

Stuff Sack - for food, don't have a particular one
>picked out yet

**Silnylon stuff sacks work great and are the lightest & waterproof.

>Irene's Gear:

Hiking Shorts - 2 pr.

**I suggest only 1 pair & save 5-9 ozs

>Terramar EC2 T-Shirt - 2 pr
>REI Polypro Long Underwear - Zip top and Longjohns

**I suggest just using the long john top as a shirt and leave the other at
home.  Save 10oz

>REI Rainpants
>REI Gore-Tex Rain Jacket

Frogg Toggs are lighter and less expensive.  Cost around $65.
<http://froggtoggs.com/Products.html>

Terramar EC2 T-Shirt - 2 pr.
>Patagonia Capilene Long Underwear - Zip top and
>Longjohns
>Rainpants
>REI Gore-Tex Rain Jacket

**Same suggestions as above

Some questions:  Is an 11 oz fuel bottle big enough
for cooking for 2 people, hot dinner and hot
breakfast?

**Practice using stove in your ole backyard to cook MANY meals before
leaving & you'll find out just what your average meal fuel useage is.

What type of rope do you recommend for bear bagging?

**50" of 5" hemp hawser and a brass cleat;)

Seriously almost any type of light line will do the trick.

Happy Holidays
JohnO

I live in Brick NJ is that anywhere near you folks?

        "Adventure is worthwhile"
             Amelia Earhart

http://www.monmouth.com/~johno/index.html

To:            AT-L <at-l@backcountry.net>