Re: [at-l] grits = yum, yum

Being from Alabama, I automatically decided to have hot instant grits almost
every morning of my ME to GA hike, if I had a stove.  (I admit that a true
southerner would never stoop to "instant" grits, as we know from "My Cousin
Vinny".)  I bragged to the yankee hikers about how good my grits were until
we reached Andover, ME, where as luck would have it, Addie's restaurant had
"grits" on the menu.  We ordered them and discovered they were the sorriest,
lumpiest grits I have ever had.  There went all my potential converts.  I
should have known not to order grits above the Mason-Dixon Line.
Logjumper

To:            at-l@backcountry.net