Re: [at-l] Photos of barefoot hikers

--- Spur <spur@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Y'all,
> Now that I'm back from my 2000 Thru-Hike Which Did
> Not Want To End, I'll
> risk delurking at least long enough to post a link
> to a couple photos of
> Isis and Jack Rabbit, the two sisters who've been
> thru-hiking barefooted.

There was a NOBO last year named Lepechaun (sp?) who
also hiked mostly barefoot. The last time I saw
him (NY I think) his feet looked like a
chimp's. His feet had widened significantly and his
toes had spread way apart from each other and seemed
to grip the ground. Sorry, I have no photos though.
I met the sisters that Spur spoke of at one of the
frat houses in Hanover, NH. I didn't see their
feet. If I remember correctly, one of the
sisters was recovering from an injury or illness,
maybe her feet? Could be wrong...

Turbo Turtle 2000