Re: [at-l] Hellooooo!

I can understand your not wanting to have a watch on the trail, although
I will have one.  I like to take my watch off on weekends for the same
reason.  I just don't want to live by a schedule like I have to during
the week.  It gives one the sense of freedom from the routine.  So...no
watch for Billie!  I like your style!
Sparrow 2001

On Tue, 05 Dec 2000 19:27:17  "Mara Factor" <m_factor@hotmail.com>
writes:
>>From: "Billie H. Cleek" <cleek@csc.smsu.edu>
>>Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:34:50 -0600 (CST)
>>
>>...One thing I definitely will not have: a watch.
>
>Hey!  I liked having my watch - and all those hikers without watches
>liked
>my watch, too.  :-)))
>
>It is a mostly useless piece of equipment unless you know how to tell
>direction by the time and the sun.  Or, you are trying to get to the
>PO
>before it closes.  As a timepiece, it was mostly useful in towns,
>especially
>when you had to be able to meet a shuttle at a certain time.
>
>Then again, mine also has barometer and altimeter functions which are
>either
>fun or a curse.  I like them but some folks just don't want to know
>that
>they are only 1/3 the way up the hill or that the barometer has been
>dropping all night and those clouds really are likely to dump during
>the
>day.
>
>Just another perspective.
>
>Mara
>Stitches, GAME99

>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
>http://explorer.msn.com
>
>* From the AT-L |  Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html  *

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.