Re: [at-l] Hellooooo!

The Dr. Bronner's is great reading, but maybe not such a good choice.
Currell and other alcohol based cleansers work very well, and don't leave
soap and fragrances in the water. Carry a 1-2 ounce sample size and keep a
larger one in the bounce box.

There are many great Swiss army knives and other tools. I like the
Leatherman Micra as a compromise on size, weight and utility. I've ground
the Phillips screw head with a Dremel to let it repair my Photon II light.
The scissors are good and sharp, although sometimes I wish it had the
pliers of larger sizes. The tweezers are good for pulling at ticks and
splinters.

I'm leery of non-metallic spoons. I'd hate to break or melt one while
cooking. They have pretty light ones at the Waffle House in
Gainesville.  They often have half rolls of TP ready for travel. ;-)

OrangeBug

BTW, a watch can be very important on the trail. If you are injured or run
into an emergency, it is very helpful to know generally when whatever
happened, and how much time has elapsed. You could always hide the watch in
your first aid kit. Put it right next to the paper and pencil.

To:            MMSW00@aol.com
Cc:            at-l@backcountry.net