Re: [at-l] Interior Secretary

WHHAWKINS@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/29/2000 10:01:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> tschamp@tiac.net writes:
>
> > At 10:35 AM 11/29/00 -0500, Rcli3@aol.com wrote:
> > >Just heard thru the Republican grape vine that Montana Gov. Racicot will
> > be
> > >Bush Sec. of interior.
> >
> > And the Gore designee is???
> >

> The manager of the polluting mine on Gores properly in Tennessee.
>
> Wildbill

What polluting mine?  Wall Street Journal sent an independent lab to test the
water downstream of the mine.  The lab found that the water exceeded EPA
standards. Somehow I don't think that's what the WSJ was hoping to find but
they were honest enough to publish the story.

Not to get us off track, but since it's been brought up, the polluting zinc
mine story was a red herring passed around by right wing types that had no
basis in fact. The idea that it somehow makes Gore less apt than Bush to
support and sign legislation that would benefit the environment rather than Big
Oil, Big Mining, and Big Timber is silly on the face of it.  The Bush record
re: the environment is clear...he's agin' it.

Rick in Cleveland

To:            at-l@backcountry.net