Re: [at-l] Half Way Point

KLandau364@aol.com wrote:

> I wonder what the psychology is for southbounders as they get to Harper's
> Ferry?  They've now gone 80 or so miles PAST the half way point.  Does it
> still feel like the ATC marks the half way point?  Is it as emotional an
> experience as I know it is for many northbounders?

I don't remember ever thinking of it in terms of 'half-way'. I mean, we didn't
even take a picture. We were trying to get to Iron Masters before dark. (We
didn't) We were always trying to get someplace before dark. The things we paid
most attention to were state lines and 100 mile marks. Pokey passed the 1,200
mile mark on her last day. I think that knowing the fact that the sign isn't
really very close also lessened any excitement.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98

To:            at-l@backcountry.net