Re: [at-l] Esbit Tips

In a message dated 11/20/00 10:38:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
skyline@shentel.net writes:

<< Anyone have other tips?  I'm always open to learning too. >>
 I have a holdover habit from my Zip Stove days... I add tinder like birch
bark or pineneedles and add twigs when using the toaster.
 I also blowout the tabs when done cooking, so I often start cooking with
about a tab and a quarter or so. If your tempted to use two tabs, stack them
instead of placing them side by side. I can't explain the themodynamics, but
stacked up seems to give best results.
 As in all 'camp cooking' the best suggestion is to experiment before you hit
the trail! Try doing this on a housebound long weekend this winter. Cook,
eat, and drink only out of your pack. How much food, water and fuel did you
use?
TJ

To:            at-l@backcountry.net