[at-l] Lightweight gaiters

Gotta have 'em. During the last two section hikes, I've trashed a couple of
pairs of socks due to overwhelming pincushioning by stickerbushes of various
sorts. I was in agony yesterday from all the little things clinging to my
socks and jabbing through to my ankles.

But most gaiters are bulky, awkward, hot things, not at all pleasant for
Florida hiking. I've seen some homemade versions at trail conferences and am
wondering what weight of fabric is necessary to create your own? Or do you
know of any lightweight gaiters for sale, since I flunked Home Ec and don't
have a sewing machine?

Cheers, Navigator

To:            at-l@backcountry.net