Re: [at-l] Gore tex jacket---advice

>>>"...arm's were covered only to my elbows, so in the rain..."<<<

Way back when, ( pre-fleece era ) I had the same problem...wet and cool,
but not cold enough to wear the jacket under the poncho, hence, cold wet
arms. I took a pair of wool socks that had got too thin in the heel and
cut them open at the toe, stretched'em a bit, stuck arms through,
wrapped a piece of gabage bag around, secured with big rubber bands (
that was the hardest part, finding just the right size rubber band so as
to avoid the tourniquet effect, yet still hold the sock and plastic on
). Bicyclists use a more sophisticated (expensive) solution to the same
problem:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=12308&Store=Bike

Alejandro

" When I was a boy, I was told that anyone could become President; I'm
beginning to believe it." - Clarence Darrow

To:            at-l@backcountry.net