[at-l] historic trivia question left unanswered

A couple of days ago, someone posed the question about who was the first
person to do the AT two years in a row, and what did they do that is
unlikely to ever be repeated.  We never got an answer.  The person I think I
know, though not his name (the postman from Wilkes Barre who was a friend of
Jim's uncle?), but the second part I can't remember at all.  Since our
Rodale books are still in storage, please indulge my curiosity??  What did
he do that was so unique?

Ginny