Re: [at-l] How can she get rid of it???

These viruses often are designed to victimize those seen as catering to
the Great Satan, Micro$oft. Using Eudora, Netscape and other non-Softie
emailers usually defeats the pests. Newer versions of Eudora may have
built in anti-virus software, or at least can allow the user to not
allow executable programs from activating without a scan or a warning
to you.

If I remember correctly, Happy99.exe gives you a small window of
fireworks that continues to amuse or bore one for a few minutes, or
until you close the window. In the background, it has renamed a few
files and created an entry to the Registry to rename yet another file
on the next boot, and replace an internet DLL. It is then free to copy
itself and mail itself as an attachment to the first 50 (?) entries on
your Outlook address book. It somewhat hides on your computer, and will
continue to reinfect unless you know which files to delete, rename, and
what registry entry to delete. I'd try a Google.com search on
Happy99.exe to get the instructions, although most antivirus software
will automatically do this for you.

I noted that my web based email program with YAHOO.COM intercepted
this, and await seeing how Eudora's latest version deals with it in the
AM.

Bill...