[at-l] Esbit help

Thanks to all who had advice about the Esbit. I wish I had some of you to
watch me light and use the darn thing, as I appear to be stove-use-impaired.
:-)

I talked to John O at the Gathering and he was emphatic about a windscreen. I
have since tried it with one and got about the same results. Almost a
boil--agonizingly close---some very small bubbles--but soon gone. The tab
burned about 10 minutes, but had started to fade after about eight minutes.
There wasn't enough burn to cook a dinner that required boiling water.

I'll work on my windscreen some and see if that helps.

I am using the tabs that came with the stove, so they are "official" Esbit
tabs.

OTOH, the pot lid is pretty loose and a tighter cover might help.

I feel like such a dufus. It surely can't be that hard can to make this
simple thing work.  :-(
Vcat