Re: [at-l] Mt. Katahdin and Park Closing

As much as I agree with you, I must admit that I would be bored with a
dozen stories of "I didn't like what the park ranger had to tell me about
the trail conditions. Then, I saw the 50 mph winds and horizontal snow,
thought of my lovely significant other, and decided that I wasn't ready to
occupy the urn on our mantel. I went home to get lots of hot cocoa and
cuddling. I might go to Maine next year to cop a picture during good weather."

Heck, even if it were true, it doesn't offer the drama and risk of mayhem
that so many of us cyber hikers demand. No, we would call such a story a
wimpy excuse for a journal entry. Yet, it would be a better ending than
hearing of someone needing rescue or worse.

The Weather Channel suggests the conditions are improving as we speak. I
hope those who are contemplating a summit are fortunate and happy with
their own experience.

OrangeBug