Re: [at-l] Calling all herpetologists...

--- TeeEmAch@aol.com wrote:
> Milksnake was to be my guess, even before I saw your second post, Mara.
> Last
> month while hiking in CT I sawa snake similar tothe one you described. My

> hiking partner thought it might be a Copperhead, but I was skeptical,
> mainly due to the shape/size of the head.

A good point to keep in mind is the shape of a pit viper's
> (which includes Copperheads and Rattlers) head is broad and rather
> triangular.

### OK, I won't bore you with the details, but I need to know: when do
copperheads AND milk snakes mate (as a species)? And do they mate in
groping groups or in pairs?

Sloetoe
(who once stepped around a ball of mating snakes, but noted that for
copperheads, they surely had narrow noggins)

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10