RE: [at-l] Tuckerizing

> I need to hear suggestions and stories on tuckerizing. I am doing a
> presentation on lightening your pack and need material. I have all the
gear
> I need to set up a couple of packs - heavy, medium and light. I will be
> setting them up next week for presentations at the local Florida Trail
> Association meetings the third and fourth weeks of October.

So, Lee, put up some lists and we'll be happy to shred them for you
<grin>.

Seriously, for the heavy pack, just call up the leader of all those Boy
Scouts I see up on the trail in Virginia. Those kids are carrying about
200 percent of their body weight. Wow.

There are two approaches to the 'heavy' way: First, the old-fashioned
heavy, where all your gear weighs a ton. Call it the Be Prepared way:

[clip]

Hope this helps <grin>.

Ken

The humorous part was what I was looking for... I needed raw material for
the lecture!

I am fairly good at tuckerizing, even though I don't suscribe to
"ultralight" hiking personally. My normal five day pack weight with food and
water is only 45 pounds and that does include a few "ameneties".

Anyone else have some humorous ideas to offer? Come on Kahley, I KNOW you
hae' some...

Lee I Joe