Re: [at-l] Hello

Welcome, also. The Gathering is an annual meeting of folks interested in
long distance hiking, not only the AT. This year's Gathering is this
weekend in West Virginia. New Hampshire was the location last year. There
are many similar events that are formal and informal (like the RUCK on
Superbowl Sunday).

You are in an excellent situation in that you know what you don't have, and
that you have avoided the big purchases and commitments without
experiencing smaller bites first. Maybe you might want to tell us where you
live or have hiked, and we can offer warm-up hikes for you and your kids.
Usually, the best way to learn is to try and correct mistakes. Some of us
can warn you of our own mistakes. There are many opportunities for
learning, including gear, food and fashion. We discuss these frequently,
and enjoy questions.

Pull up a stump and have a smashmellow around our campfire.

OrangeBug