Re: [at-l] gear question

Orange Bug wrote:

> There are still some rectangular bags, but this makes extra weight and
> extra space to heat.

I, too, disliked my modified mummy. I am not large (5'4", 120# after
giardia ;->), not claustrophobic, but every night I ended up wrestling with
that thing before I became hogtied and needed a rescue. I carry a small,
lightweight pack, so I needed a spacious,  light bag that would compress.
And I was unwilling to spend $300 to increase my gear inventory. I settled
on the CampMor house brand rectangular down bag, 20*, 2.5#, for about $150
(if memory serves). It's incredibly comfortable. As for the extra space to
heat, I just scrunch it around me if it gets really cold--and I'm short
enough that I can make a hood from the extra bag.

Give Me Chocolate, who is having Nutella for breakfast...<yum>