RE: [at-l] Verna Soule

I've heard of about 5 cases of Lyme disease on the AT this year.  Seems high
compared to the last couple of years. (and certainly higher than the number
of hikers hit by lightning.)

Maybe this is a bad tick year?  Does anyone know what conditions make for a
bad tick year?  Last year was dry and there were only a few sections that I
really heard people talking about the ticks.  Of course, I never found any
on myself so I didn't think it was so bad.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99

P.S.  I had the first two rounds of the Lyme Disease vaccine before my
thruhike last year and before the potentially bad side effects were known.
I did decide to get the third (and last) shot this spring. -MF