[at-l] Ticks was Verna Soule

Mara Factor wrote:
 Does anyone know what conditions make for a
> bad tick year?  Last year was dry and there were only a few sections that I
> really heard people talking about the ticks.

I'm not a tickologist, but this year featured a very early end to
a warm winter, with no late frost here in Pa..
Maybe it was coincidence, but it seems that in years with like
conditions the tick/flea population soars.  My thinking is that if
there is a early warm spell, the ticks get active and then get killed
by a Mar or April freeze which knocks the numbers down.  There
was no hard freeze like that this year.  It's been a bear for
ticks around here.