[at-l] Buffingtons checking in, redux.....

Ok, so they tried to call me too.
And I didn't have my cell phone turned on. Oops. <G>

But I did talk with Gary & Millie last night AFTER I got their message, and
attempted to track down Mrs. Gorp for them. Although we didn't get into the
same level of detail that Kahley enjoyed :) , it was nice to hear how they're
doing. They said it's been tough lately -- very much mind over matter, with
days and days and days of rain and mud just dragging everyone down. They'd
joined up with a group hiking through PA, fell behind and lost them, then
found them again in MA. Looking at Mt. Greylock as the NEXT BIG THING coming
up ("We haven't done a mountain that big in..well...weeks!" I could almost
hear Gary grinning). They've been hiking on and off with Dreamcatcher and
U-Turn.

"NJ is the real turning point," said Gary. As a native Jersey gal, I like
that. <G> "In NJ, people get a different psychological viewpoint about their
hike. Now it's 'how many miles I have left to go'  rather than 'how many
miles I've done.'"

Interesting, eh? But I guess you successful thru-hikers knew that.

Their maildrop schedule on the website has been adjusted, so feel free to
drop them a card somewhere in New England. Gary particularly misses being
around this campfire. :)

Cheers, Navigator