Re: [at-l] ATML on Bryson movie

You guys must be kidding.... right?!?!, why put so much stock and emotion on
some book, for crying out loud.... is just a book!!!!! not even a really
good one at that; even though, I got to say, it is funny,
yes..... you guys made me spend the whole 10 bucks to find out what all the
hoopla is about. To tell you the truth, if he didn't use some of the really
peculiar individuals, ( I count myself among them) found all over the place
to make the book interesting, what is he going to talk about?? We all know
how it is to sweat you eyeballs out, and how it feels after you prick them
blisters, and how tasty ramen noodles are after a solid week of them. So,
hey, if you find it offensive, give the book away... or even better, cook
yourself a barbecue with it, as far as I am concerned, I will lend it to my
friends, saying, is a really comedy, based on certain aspects of hiking the
AT, of which really I do not know much about it myself, but..... is just a
funny book........ not the bible!

Just my humble opinion, Orens