Re: [at-l] GSMNP Proposed Itenerary redux

Sloey, say what you will, I'm filtering.
Little story.  I was hiking the AT in Va many moons ago (like I weighed what
the Insurance Co's said I should) and met a backpacker who was sitting
beside a stream heating water on his stove (Svea, I think).  He got it warm
enough for his drink, but not nearly boiling, and sat and talked to me for a
few.  Then he went on, as did I.  Up around the next switchback, which
crossed the same stream, we found a dead slightly bloated deer laying in the
stream -- upstream from where he had warmed his water.  The backpacker lost
his lunch in short order, and I left him quickly, so that he could regain
his dignity.
I'm filtering, Toedie, I'm filtering and remembering that dead deer,
I can still recall the odor, Coosa